Bento (弁当）means more or less like home-packed meal or take-out lunch box.
Shokuji (食事) itself means meal.
Well, this is the random version of my home-made bento and shokuji, and of course it’s not a real pure Japanese style. It’s the combination of katei-ryouri(家庭料理）-simply home-cooked meal.
Description from up to down, left to right.
(1) Indonesia Style Nasi Goreng – Fried Rice with some beans, carrot, tomato and cucumber, frozen shrimp with the topping of fried onion and of course the chilli sauce. ^^, I brought along one apple too. 😛
(2) Two hearted-scoops of brown rice + beans, steamed meat dumpling (シュウマイーshuumai)、Chinese style mapo toufu (bean curd) with scallion and shrimp.
(3) My own-version bento’s ready to be taken out. 😛
(4) Fried egg with scallion, red+green paprica, and shrimp. 😛
(5) Sayur asin (I don’t know the english, salty veggie? ha ha) with boneless chicken breast.
(6) One flower-scoop with the Japanese dried topping sake(salmon) and nori(seaweed) + salmon meat with mayonnaise
(7) Kitsune Udon(famous Japanese cuisine-wheat based noodle, topped with aburaage(sweetened deep-fried tofu pockets). It’s when I ate out, after tiring running from the morning class from one campus to another campus.
(8.) Veggie(can be any green veggie for me) with tomato and shrimps, usually I always use oyster sauce and potato starch (katakuriko-片栗粉）to make it sticky.
(9) Tuna Mayo Onigiri– Japanese rice formed into oval/triange/roll, often wrapped with nori.
I used tuna and mayonnaise, it’s the failed home-cooked, still practise to make a beautiful neat onigiri, these ones are messy, but absolutely tasted good. ^^)v
(10) Bean-sprout (moyashi) with tomato, scallion, and oyster sauce. ha ha.
(11) Fried egg with tomato only. 😛
(12) Chinese Chicken Herb Soup, it’s really recommended to strenghten body immune. My mom used to cook it for us. For woman also, it’s recommended to add like *pai feng wan or with **tienchi tablet( I never used tienchi,actually. :p)
(13) It’s one of the ingredient included in the Chinese Chicken Herb Soup. My mom told me its name is Gou Qi Zi in Mandarin (Fructus Lycii Wolfberries/Goji Berries), it’s rich in vit C, contains large amount of vit B1,B6, E, and it’s good for eyes. I now sometimes eat it as snacks. 😛
(14) It’s when I ate at home, scoop of rice with 10) and 11) together. 😛
(15) and (16), the software repeating the pic again, ha ha..
So, do you notice how simple my cook is? and how I love shrimp? ha ha.. As for meat, I often eat chicken meat, it’s more healthy I think. 😛
While I have more time, I think that I’ll learn how to cook Japanese cuisine, and since the new dormitory dominates with International students, I guess I’ll learn another country cuisine too, hopefully.. ^^
*Pai feng wan is chinese traditional herb, has the indication for health, malnutirion after childbirth and regulation menstrual ailments. I drink this regularly. 🙂
**Tienchi is the herbal remedy for high cholesterol, blood pressure or over-obesity. It’s good to promote blood circulation, relieving swelling, and so on.