Wanna write quickie posting before the lecture.. 🙂
Yup, I finally had my initial eyes examination done in Kobe Clinic instead of Minamiaoyama.
It’s due to senpai Joni who dropped me offline msg, telling that the world is getting bright for him.. LOL, he did the LASIK surgery in Kobe Clinic.
The more I read and tried to compare the same technology treatment, Minamiaoyama clinic cost about 150,000yen more, so I just made up my mind to cancel the examination there.
Moreover, Kobe Clinic offer life time guarantee, let’s say you experience the nearsightedness in 10years ahead for eg, then you’re eligible to have the Lasik treatment process for free (note. as long as the thickness of cornea still meet the requirement. ;P)
Well, the result for my eyes is overally good, but not for the thickness of my cornea which is 504 microns for the right eye and 508 for the left. Basically this measurement passes the Lasik procedure, but not for iLasik(using wavescan technology, which is believed providing more precise treatment).
iLasik here require the thickness of about 525 microns. So I really have to go thru to Epi Lasik
Well, in pricing it’s 300,000yen – 50,000yen cheaper as compared to iLasik, but dunno feel bit unsatisfied, as I’m so much convinced to go for iLasik, I’m willing to pay more because eyes are so vital 😦
The eligible eye examination (10 kinds) can be seen here, i can only say that the eye drop successfully made my vision blurry for about 2 hours and half, whew, really irritating..
And the brief result :
– Eye prescription (L/R) : -10.25/-10.5 or
Jap measurement ( 0.05 / 0.04) –> Gosh!!!!
– Cornea Thickness (L/R) : 508/504 microns -> after the surgery it’ll be 411/407 microns
– Corneal Endothelium Cell Counts : abt 2,600 -> we should have at least 2,000 cells for optical transparency. The effect of wearing softlens can be one of the reason of masking cornea complication, decreasing the cells gradually.
– Pupil diameter is also okay about 600.
The sensei(doctor) said that I need treatment for my left eye due to the dryness. So I was given the eye drop prescription.
I hope will have the treatment by Dec. But I really need to consider the timing in details as the recommended treatment EpiLasik require higher post-operative frequency : the next days, 3 days, 1 week, 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 1 year. (iLasik will have treatment the next day, 1week, month, 3months, 6 months, 1 year)
Other points :
– Pain after treatment will be 3-4 days for EpiLasik ( iLasik +- 4 hours)
– Recovery will take some time, maybe in months for EpiLasik (iLasik will be fast maybe in a week)
I was informed during the recovery, I’ll be dropping tears a lot.
Yeah that’all.. 🙂